1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I could use some feedback

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Jan 20, 2005.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I just changed the format for our "Pictures" section of our website pretty dramatically. I'd love some feedback on the new look. Does it look professional?

I know it's slower loading than the rest of my website is. Unfortunately, we had no way to make it any faster. But other than that, any comments?

I am particularly interested in your responses regarding the "Before and After" pictures. My goal there is to have the most impressive sets of photos up near the top of the page. So if you think a certain set of photos deserves a higher status on the page, please let me know.

You can just click on our website below and then click on the "Pictures" tab.

Thanks for looking!

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

First - you do great work
    about the photos- I do not believe there are any bad ones so the order is ok
    they all came up quick and looked great (the photo was clear and easy to view). The "some of our work" set was great.

If I were to say anything bad I would have to comment that the before and after section took a while to get to a point where you can blow them up to see. Not bad, just a lot ( and I use that term loosely) of clicking to get there.

Over all I think the site is great.
    Now lets talk about rights to use the photos.....J/K
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I think that they are great and had no problem at all. I used the slideshow feature which was excellent.
    Very nice work and a very professional website.
  4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I think the format of your web site is great. Very professional. I wouldn't be concerned with the order of your photos. Everything looks great, and I don't think anyone but yourself would notice.

A few things I noticed.
    When you click a thumbnail, some of the large photos are too big to be displayed in full on 800x600. In other words, I have to scroll down, and over to see the whole pic. Personally, I find it a little annoying. FWIW, I recently updated my photo page, and tried to make my "full size" photos so they would appear on the screen without scrolling.

The resolution seems to be lost on some of the larger photos too.

BTW, I LOVE the water feature!!!

My photo page is set up differently, but if you have the chance, check it out and let me know what you think. I'm not saying it's better by any means -- actually, it's not as nice as yours -- but just a different, and arguably, simpler way of doing it.

Overall, I give it a 9!
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It is a very professional looking website.

I do have a couple of questions though...

If I just moved to your area I would ask...

1: What is barkdust and what are slivers that may be found in it?
    2: What is a unit?
  6. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say the pictures are a little 'Big' to me. You don't want people to have to scroll to see them, it looks like some of them were cut off to fit the screen, and I had to search for the scroll bar on the bottom. I'm viewing your site on a flat panel that is 1024 x 768 and using broadband, if it makes a difference.

Love the pictures, love the work, love the small jobsite sign by the waterfall !!!
  7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome web site Jim. The work you have displayed in your pics is top notch. The only drawback I see, as others have already states, is the size of the pics.
  8. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Nice, very nice work and website.
  9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I like it alot, wouldn't change a thing. :)
  10. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, the website looks top notch very professional. As a currently employed IT proffessional might I offer this: I see no need to have the before and after pics for each albumas another link, that is I really think the pics look just fine as is, with side by side comparison without the user having the option of clicking on them to make them bigger. IMO I can ascertain more than enough detail to make a judgement as to the quality of work you have to offer and your obvious skill level. Overall great site. Just my 2 cent.