I Could Use Some Help For A Change ?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Restrorob, May 11, 2008.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Hey everyone,

Got a little project going on and am in need of someone with a junk/tore down for repair Kawi FC290V through FC540V engine.

If at all possible I need a outside diameter measurement (micrometer/dial caliper) on the intake valve guide under the valve spring.

Kawi tech support couldn't tell me anything.....

Thanks

2. action13

action13 LawnSite Member

Wish I could help you. All I have in the shop right now is a FH601V....With a surging low idle problem......

3. FIXDISS

FIXDISS LawnSite Senior Member

All Ihave found so far is part #'s with no specs although the part #'s did have a four digit notation on them, ie: 49002-2076 and 49002a-2101. Does that mean anything to ya my freind ?

4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

All I have at home is an FB460V and a FH series. Both are intact and runnable. I'll check the shop in the morning as, IIRC, there is a Kawi torn down there.

5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry,:( the Kawi was FH series.

6. Restrorob

Thanks to everyone who checked into this for me.... [​IMG]

Cya

7. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Have you found the diameter yet? Got me curious so I pulled out the service manual and all it lists is the inside diameter, no outside.

8. Restrorob

Naaa mowerman,
    I got the inside from the manual which is the right size just need the O.D. to cinch it. I hate to order one in @ around 25 bux to find it non usable.

Thanks for looking !

Cya

9. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Restro, Any luck yet on O.D. ? Just curious, whadda think about the post on Kawa block rebushings? Hope he is on, sure would put a hurt on new engine sales if all it took was a bushing. Busy here, gotta go, C'ya