I couldn't believe it!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bull, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Was doing some work for a couple, a lot of misc. stuff and they had a boxwood that they wanted moved to the front of the house from the back. I said okay and my helper and I dug it up, wraped it with burlap and moved it to it's new home out front. We went over about three days later to finish up and her husband came to the door. Said hey fella's, my wife's mother said that you moved the boxwood when the sign was wrong (Farmers Almanac) and that it will not live. I said I have to work when I can and therefore I do not go by the signs. He said well my wife is on the phone with her mother right now and today is a good day for transplanting. I said so what do you want me to do? He said dig it up and reset it. I said well I will have to charge you again. He said fine. We dug it up, held it about two feet off the ground for about twenty seconds and set it back in the hole. It's still thriving very well to this day.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Well,All I can say is.........................................:laugh:

3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Who says superstition doesn't pay? Just be sure to overseed just before the beezle nuts drop. That way you can run your empty seeder over the lawn and get paid double. LOL

4. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I know an old timer who will only castrate his hogs according to the farmers almanac. From what I understand it has something to do with the moon or some thing like that.

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

The fact that you ACTUALLY dug it up and put it back in the hole makes you just as nuts!

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Yea Randy, I was shocked more so than the boxwood. Shocked that someone was willing to pay me to do this. Really though the plant was not shocked at all. I was talking to it the whole time saying your not a boxwood your a money tree.

9. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHHA Thats pretty funny!

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

My wife was planting flower along a sidewalk one sunny day around noon hour for a customer. I was doing some other work on the other side of the house. The customer came to me and said "please don't say anything to your wife but could you replant the flowers so that the bloom faces the driveway" I said "what" She said" I want the flower blooms to be facing my husband when he drives in the driveway" I said "sure no problem but they will follow the sun and turn back before he gets home" So then she says "oh just wait then you can replant them just before he gets home" Just one more time when I was glad we were by the hour. This was just one of many strange requests this customer had. We gave up this customer last summer to a "friend". Her husband just passed away a few weeks ago and I am sure the new lawn guy can't wait for Fall her husband had the only brain in the family.