I couldn't have asked for a better compliment!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Sep 12, 2004.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I was cleaning up a customers walkway and stone patio when the lady comes out to hand me my check. Big house, big lawn, she's a doctor. Anyway, she tell me that she got an estimate from some guy to do some landscaping. (I just mow...solo) He told her (she's telling me this) that he also wanted to take over the lawn as well. He knows that she already has a service and says that he wants to do her yard as well (he mows the house next door)

She says no. I love my current guy (I start blushing) I wouldn't't trade him for the world. Man, I felt like mowing all night!
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Should of raised her rates right then. lol congrats a complment can mean a lot.

3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

i'm sure i could...but with all the referrals and extra work she throws me...ya know what I mean.
  4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I know how you feel. Had a similar situation with one of my customers. Funny how just a few kind words can make your day (and week) that much better.
  5. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the compliment. Just one kind statement from a happy and satisfied customer can erase the last five petty complaints by crabby customers.
  6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey man... she's hitting on you!

Kinda makes you want to do a little extra for people like that, doesn't it?
  7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

That's awsome. Keep up the good work.