I cried.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by locutus, Oct 25, 2003.

1. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Bought a new Redmax 7001RH yesterday used it for the first time today. I didn't Know whether to s**t or cry. I wound up crying I think. This thing is a hand-held hurricane! There is simply no comparison to be made with one of the smaller backpack blowers that I used to use. I accidently pointed the nozzle downward at full throttle and actually lifted off of the ground. With some practice I was able to fly around at tree-top level like James Bond. Take the last part of this post as you will, It aint to far from the truth.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

LOL!

Love mine, too. Leaves don't stand a chance!

3. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

4. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

So what kind of price are we talking about and is it the same as a kawa because I do not have a red dealer anywhere around. I have been on the search fora while and have a rough time making a choice.

5. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

I had never given much thought to handheld blowers until the Redmax Rep was at the shop a few weeks ago. He let a crew leader take one for the day, and that was all she wrote.
    For the next two days there were some funny arguments (in Spanish mind you) on who was going to load the 7000RH. Needless to say I bought 3 and I'm thinking of adding them to all the trucks in the spring. I'm a firm believer in Redmax 2 cycle equipment. Their commitment to quality shows!

6. locutus

from NC

I paid $479.00 plus tax. I didn't try to talk him down any. I figure these guys need operating capital just like we do. No Kawi can touch a Redmax. Go to their respective websites and view the stats.

7. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Thanks Locutus. Do you guys know if it is the same as a kawa because my main dealer has kawa and takes pretty good care of me especially for being one of the smaller guys in his area since he is a 30 to 40 min drive. After reading all the post about stihl and echo I will not even consider them as contenders in this fight.

8. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Thought you were talking about the HBZ-2500's my above post should read HBZ-2500 sorry for the error.

9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

No, Kawa is not even close to redmax, stihl neither, I have yet to compare it to echo tought

10. locutus

from NC

T-REX kawi and Redmax are not in the same universe. Again, visit the respective websites and view the stats for yourself. Dont get me wrong, Kawasaki makes some darn good equipment especially v-twin engines. I just dont think that they produce a blower of equal air volume/velocity.