I cut the wrong lawn LOL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topsites, May 4, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

... I couldn't remember if this one customer of mine had wanted services year-round or not but as I passed by it sure looked tall, so I thought I better cut it before they get mad.

So then I'm about 2/3 or 3/4 ways through cutting and the husband comes out and like, what am I doing? Well I'm like this and that, and he walks back in to ask his wife, turns out they didn't want me to cut it year-round lol.

Ok, so I said look, I'm already almost through here, if you don't mind I will finish cutting so it doesn't look half-done but then I'll pack up and leave so I'm not weedeating and stuff.

He was cool, brought me a soda out.

lol

2. ripple

ripple LawnSite Member

HUH??? :hammerhead:

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I have done way worse.

I wrote down the wrong address and ended up cutting some yard on the other side of town.:rolleyes:

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

ive showed up at the wrong house to do an estimate!! topsites, that may be a good relationship builder for later on!

5. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

Been there done that :) More than once :)

6. BigChaz

BigChaz LawnSite Member

haha yea everyone has done address mixup before. Went last week to check out a yard. Called the guy at work and have him the quote. I told him it was a little higher because of all the beds and the edging. Well tuesday I go out there to cut it and realize i did the estimate on 2007 instead of 2207. Went and cut the right house but the yard was mad small no sidewalk and two beds. Worked out good for me though. Got way more than I usually do for that size lot

7. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Thats pretty funny LOL.

8. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

haha thats very funny.lol well not enough lawns to do somthing like that yet.:laugh:

9. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

Worst I ever did was to cut one stripe up the side before I realized it was the wrong house. Left a card with an apology. Never heard from them so I guess they didn't mind.

10. stpet291

stpet291 LawnSite Member

So this does happen!:) My dreams dont lie!!!!

Guess my turns coming!