I demoed a Triton Today

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by gilatplc, Jul 25, 2006.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

OK so I demoed a Triton z today and here’s what I wont know KNOW who in FLORIDA only, is mowing with a new triton deck and what do you think about it cause I don really see what all the bit!@#ing is all abou. I liked the cut but that damn thing was NOISEY (the deck that is) and was hard to keep the RPM’S UP.
    But all in all the cut was good and and I was mulching 5 inch grass at 2.75” without clumping! And looked good?
    From what I see all the post here are from northerners and no one in Florida?

P.S. The mower was a 66" Triton deck with 30 HP Kolher lazer z

2. w-r-g

w-r-g LawnSite Member

I have a 72" Triton deck using high lift blades here in Florida. Bahai grass and I cut 6"+ grass down to 3" and it does OK when it is perfectly dry. I think that is to much grass for this size deck to handle. I have the Kubota deisel and it bogs it down ever so often if I try and speed up. It cuts any size st augustine grass no problem and I can race through that stuff.

3. gilatplc

from FL

Are you mulching or discharging??
    whet to the dealer today, I now need to replace my 48 hopper 218 and he recommended the z hp 50 inch with a 27 HP for my next small mower but I just not shere what I'm going to do, go big 60inch and keep the junk hopper that I cant mulch with or replace the hopper and what for the big 60 inch

For you info I have only one really big property=2 acres but I have at least 13 out of 20 accounts I could use the big 60 inch on???

Some advice would be nice thanks Gil

4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I would try to get a demo on a 60" mulching mower. I have the Ultracut and have not tried the Triton because I live up north and the dealers are not pushing them that hard. So I went with Hustler and love it. But if you can get a Exmark Lazer Z demo and the cut is good you will be surprised at where you can use one. Demo

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

If you need more power then opt for the vanguard big block. I know a guy that just bought a 32/66 and he says it is bad to the bone in st.augustine. Nice mower too, I liked the rubber discharge chute on it as well. BTW his was an XS

6. gilatplc

from FL

Well the 66/30 was the only one he was offering for demo. You guys should know it was my largest and worst to cut hands down when the mower was bogging and making all that nose. The other 3 I mowed it was quiet and performed like I expected. Here's some pix of the yards
    The mower was set for mulching and that what I did in all these pix

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

7. gilatplc

from FL

So here's a list of what your looking at,
    pix,#
    416-after (this is the biggies and worst property I cut)
    414-before measurement of grass Hight
    413-before look
    420-after back (this is usually a 3 row's of clumping in this pix)
    424-another property I cut, after cut with Triton

421-measurement of grass before
    422-before look

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0422.JPG

8. MJB

from Wa

I use a 30 hp Hustler 66" mulching mower and I have to make double cuts to clean it up. But our grass is finer not at thick. I have noticed when mulching that the more grass your mulching the more noise the mower deck makes. Is that with 1 pass ? What other mowers did you demo?

9. MJB

from Wa

Is your Grasshopper to under powered to mulch . I think my GHopper mulches ok but I can't cut off as much grass at 1 time with it. That why I went to Hustler and Exmark. Deeper deck better mulching capabilities.

10. gilatplc

from FL

ONE slow pass,
    Haven't demoed any other yet was going to demo a Dixie chopper but no one has one to demo,hustler in the other town and done have the time to go that fare, Toro is the same store as the Dixie so no demo available??