I demoed a "Turf Revitalizer" today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, May 24, 2008.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a new customer I picked up recently, that I'm doing a renovation for. He's got a tiny front lawn, that's only 1k sq. ft. Since I found out that Home Depot is now renting Turf Revitalizers, I decided to try one out.

I found it to be extremely maneuverable and liked everything about the machine except two things. The engine on it was so weak, that it kept stalling when put under even the slightest load. For example; I had the knives set at roughly 1/8", to 1/4" and whenever the machine went over a raised area in the lawn, the engine would stall. It would fall flat on it's face when the knives dug into the crest of the hill. The other thing I didn't like was the incessant rattling the auger in the seed-box made.

While the machine looked almost new, there must have been something wrong with it. Had it not been for these 2 things, I'd give it rave reviews.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The rentals had smaller engines on them. All other models have more than adequate power to cut through virtually any type of surface. The newer ones especially have greater powered engines on them. Two features of this machine give that great of power. First, the hydro system, and secondly, the unique cutting knives that act as saw blades - rather than blades like that of an edger. Each revolution of the shaft equals 8 cuts of the blade. This is why it cuts down and levels hard surfaces and mounds with ease.

3. Victor

After using that 6hp model yesterday, it would be a huge understatement to say that my interest in these machines has been peaked. I've been doing a lot of research into these machines lately and think that when I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on getting one, I'd get the 9hp model like you and Dusty have. I have a lot of respect for both of your opinions. If the two of you have such great things to say about your 9hp models, then that's more than good enough for me.

4. Victor

How much do those 9hp models sell for, with and without the sulky?

5. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Buckeye Power Sales rents and sells the 9-hp models in Columbus. They have 2 locations: on the east side and north west side of town.

The 9-hp models makes the 6-hp models feel like a toy. The 6-hp is designed for novice homeowner rentals and is ideal for that application. The 6-hp is adequate, but keeps homowners from destroying the machine.

The 9-hp and larger models are a totally different animal. They drive the same and are just as easy to maneuver, but they are quick and very powerful.

Rent one of the 9-hp models and tell me what you think...

David

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunately ,they have no pto (3 point hitch) model on the drawing board.

7. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

victor i would try another brand i bought the 8 hp one and it does the same thing there not very good used mine six times and it broke they would not stand behind it.i bought it at buckeye power supply they bought the parts and sent them to me they are good people .the guy on this web site pm ed me about doing some up date work on it i pm ed him and sent him 2 emails and never herd from him again nice people
    my thoughts
    Charles Cue

8. Victor

Thanks for letting me know about your experience. I'm really sorry to hear about your trouble with that machine. Please keep me posted on if David resolves your issues to your satisfaction, or not. I'll be watching your situation closely. What kind of customer service David gives you from here on out will weigh heavily into my decision on whether to purchase one, or not.

One of the reasons why I'm always singing the praises of Gregson-Clark products, is because never in my life have I received customer service from any vendor that's close to being as good as the customer service I get from that company. I don't get any kick-backs from Rhett for saying the things I do about his products. I just think top-notch customer service like his should be rewarded because it is so rare anymore.

Like I said Charles, please keep me posted on how your situation pans out Buddy. I really do hope you're able to get that resolved. :)

9. CHARLES CUE

I will that got there attention they pm ed me again lets see what happens if they return my email i am going to send right now
    talk about good service i get if from srayer specialties and as i said befor buckeye power supply
    thanks Charles Cue

10. CHARLES CUE

sn # tr000146
    model # tr2085koal
    David
    you PM ed me but email didnt work last time and i dont like email tag call me mornings 304 775 2097 afternoons 304 775 2490
    Charles Cue