I did 9 lawns today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Nov 7, 2007.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I did 9 lawns today, but Im old and fat. So it was tough even getting that done!

And 6 of those were pre paid :cry:

But I did get to eat breakfast with all my kids and watch them get on the bus. Have coffee with a good friend of mine while we discussed the Sox's and the Pats. Then had a wonderful lunch with my wife at the local country club, while looking out over the Wachusett Reservoir on such a beautiful afternoon. Then finished off my afternoon playing some hoops with my 8 year old in the driveway when she got off the bus at 3pm.

So life isnt all that bad after all

2. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

Are you hiring? Sounds great!!!!!!
  3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, great post, glad to see you back on here.
  4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Good to see some knows what's really important. Family !
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

At the end of the day.....it doesn't matter how many lawns we do or how much we make!
  6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I must admit, I really didnt do 9 lawns today, I really did 10, but I thought the number 9 would look better against the post of the young stud out in Utah doing 90 yesterday ( I believe he did it ) so I lied.

Sorry for that :(
    I will to 9 tomorrow for punishment, because there is now way in hell Im gonna be able to do 900.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Good for you. I cranked out my work on Mon. and Tues. so fast and furious that I have the rest of the week off.

Took my boys to basketball this morning, went to their autumn school concert tonight, and then went out for dinner as a family.

And we're heading out on vacation back to the midwest on Sunday for a week.

It's so good when things finally wind down and we can catch our breath.

Just posted and saw your second comment! LOL. Good for you!
  8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I resemble the old, give me a couple months and I will resemble the fat too.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Those pre-paid's are great when the $$$ comes in around March, but suck this time of year!
  10. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

did 35 lawns yesterday and plan on doing 35 today and every day(we start at 8:00...its now 7:30)

one guy did 15
    another guy did 15
    I did 5

the guys roll outa the shop around 8:15-8:30
    I sit around sipping my coffee that I go out and get after they leave (I dont want to rub it into them...I remember working for the large companies and the managers pushing everyone out the door at 7:10 while they were holding onto their dunkin donuts bag...not good for morale)
    Then I find 5 of the closest and smallest lawns...I use a push spreader...gotta get some excersise. I beleive I'm a bit older than Cormier @53 and just as fat (actually I been working on that and have dropped 18#'s since July...of course I'm hungry ALL the time!)

I do load the trucks with bags needed for the next day myself after the guys go home at around 2:30-3:00...again excersise is a good thing. I also get their route together for the next day and the gps routes it for them.

I also hang out til 4:30 at the shop. Somebody need to answer the phone (thats the one bad side of working out of the shop rather than at home...but it keeps me out of the wife's way so all is happy with that)