i did gutters today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Nov 7, 2000.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

the first time i ever did gutters its not that bad i made 75.oo in 25 minutes just blow the rooftop off blow all gutters out blow all the dirt to the end of one gutter bag it up with any twigs left and collect your money .just be careful and its quik money

2. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Wait till you get some that are stuffed full of decaying rotten junk that has a stinch that you cannot stop smelling two days later, desease packed bird poop, last years christmas lights, or a condom! (that one I still find hard to believe)

I quit doing gutters about four years ago after doing them for about the same amount of time.

Oh, I guess I could mention I quit doing gutters, cause I fell off a two story house one day. That was enough for me!

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The only place I would consider doing gutters is a trailer park, or maybe Florida with all those single story cinderblock houses with 1 in 12 roof pitch.

4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

lol a condom wow...thats pretty nasty u should of double charged ...i would only do a 1 story house i dont have a death wish

5. No thanks. I stay off the ladder, I can't get hurt now, my winter vacation is right around the corner.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I do gutters every once in awhile but stay away from the steep ones. Don't even touch the 2 story homes. Some are easy and some you have to dig out with a trowel

7. I did a house once with small trees and grass growing in the gutters.

It was either clean 'em out or do a mow and trim.

8. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

I do gutters!!! And your right it's good money!!!

Money's Money as long as you earn it honest!!!

9. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

hello,

In my area, it seems as if the gutter cleaning industry is now in the hands of 'professional' gutter cleaners (yes, there is such a thing)

I see this one company everywhere now. They have about a half dozen s10's, rangers, etc. painted bright orange and the company does nothing but clean gutters.

There big slogan is 'average house $25-$75' they must be doing very well as I see them all over the place. They even when as far as having full size billboard signs on the side of roads painted orange with there name and prices on them.

One thing I noticed, is they didn't have any blowers, power washers, etc. Just a ladder, a garbage can, and a box of garbage bags. One neat idea is they have a shoot system. It slides along the gutter, and as they clean, they drop the sludge down the shute into the can, which is held by the second guy (2 man crew looks like - one on roof, one on the ground)

Use to be one of those jobs that landscapers, handymen, etc. did. I guess someone finally realized what you guys all mentioned about the good money in it and decided to go full tilt.

steveair

10. Two guys in a partnership (no workers comp ins needed) working out of a little van can do real good cleaning gutters. My suggestion is that if you clean gutters you might as well clean chimneys also while you are up on the ladder