1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I did my last cleanups today, and it was C-O-L-D!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Dec 3, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I did my last 3 cleanups today, and just in time too, since there is supposed to be 2-4" of snow by the time I wake up tomorrow. By Wednesday, we're supposed to have 6-10" of snow on the ground, and temps are supposed to stay in the mid 30's. Anyway, it was 34 degrees today, and with the 20 MPH wonds today, it felt like 20 degrees. I'm all ready for snow, I winterized all of my equipment. I'm glad to be finnished with leaves, since it's getting really cold. Today it was really C-O-L-D!!!
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, we had a very very simmilar day!!
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

kinda funny how similar the weather is all over the country... It was 34 or so here today, and that high was at 1:00, dropped from there... The snow for us is out of the forecast, for now, lol! Temps for the middle of the week... low 20's for HIGHS! Single didgets for lows... Winter is here!

I put up some lights for a couple customers today. Still have lawns to clean up one last time, but I'm waiting on these select ones till the bredford pear trees and oaks drop 'most' of their leaves. Mid to end of dec. likely... (if it's not snow covered!)
  4. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

Yesterday it was 15 degrees when we started. I have 8 cleanups left and 3 inches of snow on the ground now. At least they don't see the leaves anymore.
  5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Man I was so cold. But then it got in the mid 70's and it was all good.
  6. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

we finished on Friday, Dec 2nd at High Noon at the temp of 29 degrees. Put the machines in the shop and went drinking for 10 hours and made our wives come get us. that was a good way to finish!