1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i do it for free

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grass disaster, Aug 2, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

just say you are doing the application for free if the state man comes around.
  2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

... and then when he talks to the customer you get in trouble for perjury as well as a huge fine for applying unlicensed.
  3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i just tell them that the charge was for the organic material that i put down.

this stuff in the green bag is just a free charge.
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

it won't fly, here is the catch: if you admit it, on the spot, you get a teeny weeny little fine, i think it's $800 here. BUT, if you lie, and they investigate you, and prove you are applying, it's $3,000 per day, PER APLICATION. in other words, they walk up to you on 8/2/05, you lie. they investigate you, they have the proof they need, by 8/10/05, that's 8 days, times $3,000= $24,000 for ONE APLICATION. if they catch you on 10 apps.... :cry: :cry:
  5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Really, do you think you are the first guy to think of that one? BG's right, better to just be truthful
  6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Why not just take the lic. exam?
  7. Hey now, watch it with the common sense. To much of that and some people might get hurt.
  8. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Common Sense is a mean one. :)
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

IF you don't OWN the property you are applying on you have to have a license to apply there. Dosn't matter if you are doing it for a fee, free or if you are paying the property owners money for you to be there.
  10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You are either an Idiot or a troller.