I do not need you anymore

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guven, Nov 4, 2006.

1. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Two weeks ago some lady call me about lawn mowing, I dropped my estimate , but I was little suspiciouse because the yard also need yard clean up, She told me that do you have a mower ?I said yes, I was feeling something about the job,I was thinking of she was hoping me to clean the yard also because mowing season is over and she is calling me to cut the grass.I was there last Thursday , I mowed the lawn , my blade height was 1.5 ''
    I trim and even blow the all front yard , than she call me today telling me that if you are not coming I am going to call someone else, I call her back I told her I was there last Thursday, I did the job, she said no, yard is some, you did not cut, I told her I even clean the your front yard, she said there was no leaf my front yard wind blow them away.I guess she is ungry because I did not clean the all yard. She was rude and putting me down and telling me I do not need you any more,
    I was doing very good today clean up leaves , but she broke my focus , How do you do in this king of person?
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

It happens to all of us from time to time , move on and get a new client. She's probably pita.
  3. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

you need to start being more clear with your client what service you are going to provide for the price

you need to make contact with your client after you complete the job when you perform a service for a one time client.....this also allows you time to upsell more services since you are already on property and it gives you time to put a face with a company and establish yourself and the services you provide for the future

you need to invoice and leave a copy on the door ect. if client is not home....then even if there is an issue with service they can call THEN....not 3 days later

do not give your clients the opportunity to question your work....give them the opportunity to request more services (for a price) or comment on your work ASAP....and you could probably go ahead and get PAID right then too :usflag:
  4. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Sir, Thank you for your time , you gave me really good advice (info)
  5. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

you are quite welcome.....that is something i have learned on and off, but it was reinforced here on lawnsite by others.....it is really all about protecting you....the more clear what will be done for what price the more clear who is not living up to their end of the agreement....and if you perform to standard that puts them on the losing end every time

I would consider contacting the client ASAP to establish what was done and why you charged what you did....then again make an attempt to sell further services that are clearly defined for the price.....many on here might discourage this, but you will probably have to make contact to get paid and you seam new so taking work that provides even a modest PROFIT is better than nothing.....and they MAY turn into a good client.....the worst that happens is you get paid for your origional work and then decline to do more....best thing is you get more work you can make a profit on

again do not call to grovel....call to explain your work performed and the price and to explain why further work will cost more....and that you need to be paid for services already performed

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

How about a little print work done on your computer that has company name or logo and a little thank you for your buisness,date,time,and your autograph to let them know you were there placed in a visual spot for them?after thought w/ services performed that day.
  7. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Yes Today I was thinking doing same thing, next season I am going to do it.when I did the job I will leave it on the door, because this year I have a few people were not sure I cut 3 or 4 times.I can not wait next season , by the way when I start to read this web page, I learned alot and I raise my price %30-40 , I did pretty good, I dropped 16 clients and I have time to my good clients.Thanks for all of you