I don't get people

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by weeze, May 11, 2014.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

After reading I see how yours last 12 years You don't do much trimming Some people like myself The Hours you put on yours in 12 years is going be like the same hours I put on mine in one year
    It doesn't matter what brand it is 3-4 years is the life I get from one
    Now my father bought a sthil trimmer just to use on his lawn back in late 90s it was a FS76 He still running it and still looks new to trim 12 trees and around his house Ones I bought the same year are long gone

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not that lucky.

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i'm solo so it's not gonna see as many hrs as a crew where a guy is using it for a straight 8-12hrs a day every day.

I use it about an hr or two each day at the most.

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes
    Like one lawn is a School 4 guys will trim 4-5 hrs each straight
    We will burn about 2.5-3.5 gals of Trimmer fuel just in the trimmers not counting the blowers

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't know they sold any, they are just unusable due to weight.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

Husqvarna trimmers are the lightest out there at 9lbs. the 2 stroke versions. the 4 stroke Honda version is only a little heavier. 11lbs. about equal to the weight of a stihl trimmer but the husqvarnas are better balanced. at least to me they are. I've never picked up a stihl trimmer that felt "right".

I can mow all day and only use half a tank of gas in the trimmer. :laugh:
    that's another thing. the 4 strokes use less gas because you can trim at half throttle rather than full throttle like the 2 strokes. you also don't have to spend money on oil to mix with the fuel which saves you even more money.