" I don't have time to do a good job"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Dec 8, 2006.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing a few weeks ago and a lady drives up and stops and asks if i'm taking on more accounts, I say yes. She says she has a gardener now but when he leaves she has to go out and clean up after him. So she asked him 'Why don't you clean after your done":nono: he told her "I don't have time to do a good job" :dizzy: So now its my account! :laugh: In 23 years of mowing I never heard that one before.

2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

the guy may have wanted to get rid of her

3. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking that too but he mows the house next to her and hers is a 15 min job, she could be a pita, i'll find out

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

My guess is that she's going to be a headache. I have a customer throw a fit over 1 blade of grass in his front entryway. It is covered so as soon as you go to blow it out, it goes airborne & lands right where it starts. Old people...

5. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Many customers don't pay enough for a "good job". You have to give them what they pay for not "your best". Sad but true. When your cut to the bone in a competitive market you give them their moneys worth and no more or you'll be out of business.

6. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

A broom and about 20 secs of time may be the answer here??? I have a couple of covered entry ways that are small and that is what I have to do or it goes straight up and straight dwon like you said. As to the original post....If you don't have time to do a good job then you might as well stay home in the bed.....