i don't know any more

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

well i'm getting a walk behind in the spring. i thought i was set on the scag but now i'm not shure. i've looked at most of the walk behinds out there and have narrowed it down to 3. Bunton, scag, better quick 36. what do u guys think what would u chose out of those 3. thanks

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am not familiar with the Better Quick because you don't see them around here, but with the other to check with the dealers on pricing and who is closer to you for parts and service when needed because they are both good machines that will last if taken care of.

3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

If it were me, I'd go with Scag!! I love our Scags...

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I just got back from our Lawn and Garden show up here today and am pretty much sold on the Exmark Turf Tracer HP. Looked at ferris, scag (not popular up here) and a couple others but like the Exmark. I spoke to the owner of the retail location today who was very friendly plus they are very close by. I

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Like everyone above said, make dealer service your first priority. Much more important than the color of your machine. But I also have to say, I have a 48" Scag walk behind that has 8 seasons on it. The machine still sees everyday use, it is a tank. My Ferris walk behinds have not held up as well.

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Why not go with and exmark?

7. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

I own a Scag w/b and I love it. However, there have been many posts on this issue and one thing that most guys here will agree on is that dealer support is key.

Choose a dealer that offers good service and support. Most of the machines are somewhat similar, but finding a good dealer is most important of all.

Good luck with whatever brand that you buy.

8. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark for sure :)

9. JDavisTexas

JDavisTexas LawnSite Member
    from DFW

Did you consider Gravely? The deck adjustment anf Kawasaki engines make a huge difference.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd either go with the Scag or Bunton. What is the price of each? If both of the dealers are good then i'd just get the cheaper one. Both are great mowers IMO.