I dont know what to do!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by White Oak, Jun 28, 2012.

1. White Oak

White Oak LawnSite Member

i need help on this one. My old setup was a 8x5 trailer with a 52inch toro walkbehind. I have since sold the toro and bought a scag tiger cub for a great price. The problem is my trailer will not hold the weight of the scag. I do not have the money right now to buy another trailer. I was thinking about selling the scag for like $4000 and taking that money and buying a used iveco stake body dump truck and an 18 foot landscaping trailer as a package for $4000. if i have the dump i could do mulching and tree trimming ect, But would not be able to mow. i am just starting out as a business and im licenses and insured, i was thinking about just doing hardscaping and landscaping for the rest of this year and buy my mowers at the beginning of next year and become a ful service lawn and landscape company. what do you guys think i should do?

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

What axle do you have under that trailer. If it's a 3500lb axle you should be fine. I would just get a heavier trailer. Mowing is meat and potatoes for landscaping. A big stakebed will just be eating fuel most of the time. That price is way too cheap for something that isn't clapped out. Iveco's are not cheap to fix either.:usflag:

3. riverjunkie

riverjunkie LawnSite Member

Swap out the axle for a heavy duty one
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Swap axles or put a set of helper springs on the trailer untill you can get a larger trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. White Oak

White Oak LawnSite Member

Its not the axles, its the mesh floor thats breaking the welds

6. Patriot Services

Oh hell that easy. Half inch plywood bolted down.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. H&H Lawn Service LLC

H&H Lawn Service LLC LawnSite Member

My 5x10 has held my 1100lb 717a for a year and a half being pulled everywhere i go on Memphis's bumpy streets and is just now started stretching the flooring. But easy fix in my book wood floor being bolted in soon for less than a $100.00.

8. Patriot Services

All mesh eventually sags, stretches and tears. Great fun when the blades are engaged and you run up the trailer. Makes a racket that has war vets hitting the dirt.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ding ding ding!

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Yes plywood. 3/4 inch. Maybe treated if you want. That will get ya by.