I dont know what to think of this.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jul 22, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Boy talk about a shotty irrigation job..

the worst part is that they left their calling card on every flag..Like they were proud of what they did..

Granted I'm not trying to bash this install,But its wrong....It appears they wanted to install the irrigation then the dirt afterwards?

not really sure..

here goes.
    [​IMG]

Builder Bob system im guessing.
    [​IMG]

YIKES..id get fired if i ever did anything like this
    [​IMG]

Well @ least the weeds are growing.
    [​IMG]

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sure most irrigation contractors have delt with similar construction companies that tell you just get it in even though the site is not ready. They don't want to hear you tell them that there be a logical sequence before irrigation is installed.

3. Maybe that is a wildflower slope and instead of using 12" pgps they put those higher up?

Any trouble with your r/f hookup?

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Or perhaps they are anticipating alot of erosion due to the PGP's blasting into the hill. :hammerhead:

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Eh, they were supposed to spread the topsoil and the heads would be to grade.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

ahhh i see...

your familiar with this type of install?

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

R/F hook up ?

i touched one just to make sure..the pipe is about 2 inches in the ground and everything i saw is on risers.....

I ran out of batteries but i think im going to take some more pictures today...

8. Dirty Water

I don't like doing it, but I have on occasion set the heads high because the landscaper was coming in with 2-3 inches of topsoil.

Seeing that truckload of topsoil sitting there reinforces my theory.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

true..

My company refuses to do any type of job like that unless we do not provide a warranty..

may i ask how they came out?

10. Dirty Water

They came out just fine. I would come back and adjust the heads after they were done.

We have switched to just poking up 1' of swing pipe and not connecting a head, and then putting the heads in once the final grade work was done. Works better, less heads munched on by Harley Rakes.