I don't know what to title this. How bout 'Home Owner Humor'?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Mar 24, 2011.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

You had me dreaming about peanut butter pie last night. My birthday is next week I think that is what I want.

2. Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law LawnSite Member
    from NH

I was on the homeower's side of things the other day. I need my patio door and 2 large sidelights replaced leading to the back yard. I don't have a door guy in my back pocket so I have been getting quotes and ideas. One guy was literally 400% more than the rest. Just to put it in perspective, I have a decent house but nothing fancy and the guy wanted to sell me $1200 in handles and hinges on a french door! I don't have $1200 in hardware in my whole house! He was trying to hit a homerun when he should have been slapping a single off the green monster Wade Boggs style. I always tell people who I contract to do work that I'm a value guy. If I see value in it I will buy/upgrade. But who knows, maybe he thinks I'm the crazy one!

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I'll have to post a picture of a slice!
    And I'll have to send you trhe recipe over the weekend!

4. DVS Hardscaper

Yeah, well did you ask them to fill out the trusty 'ol spreadsheeet????

5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

DVS - thanks for posting this, I was having a pretty bad afternoon until I read those emails and the spread sheet. I have to have my septic tank replaced, I think I'll have he contractors fill out our spreadsheet while they are quoting it lol

6. DVS Hardscaper

LOL - I received that email with the spread sheet last Friday, a little before 5. I was on my way out the door and we had company coming Saturday. At first it angered me, then I thought about it and I was like "I have too much going on, I can't fool this, and laughed at it".

In a few weeks some nice people will call, we'll get along great, and they make us cookies.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Well me and my financial backers from India.:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Andrew I always say "we" when referring to my company and never I.

8. DVS Hardscaper

Yeah rusk-a-roni, I didn't realize you had decision makers on staff. At small companies business actions are usually carried out by the owner, which would be you. Things pertaining to teamwork are "we".

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Ain't that the truth!

10. Moneypit

Moneypit LawnSite Member

All I can say is wow. I can't believe someone would have the cajones to actually ask you to fill out a spreadsheet.
    Sorry if I'm mistaken (its late and I'm tired) but based on your second post, your asking for around $35/sq ft? If that number is correct and you are landing jobs, god bless you.