I don't understand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C & S, May 29, 2003.

1. C & S

C & S LawnSite Member

Is it just me, or when your pulling your trailer does it seem like everybody thinks that is the green light to drive stupid?
    People seem to pull out in front of me all the time, cutting me off, and tailgateing me. I like to leave a little extra room between me and the vehicle in front of me, and people use this as an invite to cut me off!:angry: I can't figure it out, just wondering if anyone else has this kind of luck?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

all the time.

one thing that I have heard of being done by a local pulpwood hauling driver, is when he has a serious tailgater, he will run off the road alittle to spray them with rock etc, they usually back off then. I would probably try something like that as long as I knew it would'nt flip my trailer or suck me into the ditch. but ya they pull out in front of me all the time.

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Same here...it's like the trailer is a moron driver magnet !!!

4. On a regular basis, I see people Zoom around and in front of me. Many times, they move in my lane when there are several more cars in it than the one they were in! I’ve had people riding with me comment about this without me bringing it up, it’s that blatant.

It used to burn me, but then I remember Bill Clinton. What does he have to do with this? Well, any given individual can be smart, but people in general are stupid sheep. The proof is that Bill Clinton was elected, the confirmation is that he was re-elected.

I count on this idiotic behavior. Slow and steady. It would only wear out my engine, tranny, and brakes trying to keep up. I figure if there were an accident, I’d have to prove to the police that I didn’t cause it. My only solace is that the people who are going to cut me off had to wait in line to get around that #$*%@!~ slow Lawn Truck. LOL

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

People who have never driven a trailer think you can still stop any time just like a car. They will cut you off in a heartbeat and don't care. Trailers must just be a nuisance to most people and they must believe they are more important then you when they cut you off.

Gravely_Man

6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

It's nice to know other people feel the same way as me. I love it when people whip around me and then cut me off just so they can sit in front of me at the next light. I guess they don't like my sign on the back of the trailer.:)

7. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

What I can't stand is when the day is over & I pull up in front of my house & get ready to put it reverse to back into my driveway....if someone is behind me they pull right up on my tail giving me no room to maneuver. I mean, it takes me all of 20 seconds to get off the street and onto my property. How about a little breathing room, jeez!!

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I have the same problem with people cutting me off. Right now i drive a compact truck with small trailer and ive had people sideswipe my trailer just to try to pass. Boy they will really be pissed off in the next few days when i get my full size truck and 16 ft trailer. I just cant wait.

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Gr grass n Hi tides ,

Happens to me at least twice a week. I had a lady try to sneek around me behind my trailer as I was backing up. She's lucky I saw her, otherwise I probably would have pushed her up in my driveway sideways. Some people just can't wait a few seconds for me to get in my driveway. Everyone is in a big hurry to go nowhere.:dizzy:

10. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

Same here people see the trailer and automatically loose any common sense.

:angry: