I DROPPED THE HAMMER TODAY

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Feb 15, 2000.

1. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

No, Phil must not of been Lawrence... of course you don't know much about Stone or what he is considered... I guess. Sell him a book Phil!

2. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

3. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

4. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

ED,<p>Read the post STOP THE ROLLING STONE.

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Lawrence,<br>How did your customers respond to your letter?<br>I sent out a similar letter and have had several calls for landscaping and fert. Not a single customer has mentioned price. (I did not ask to be paid in advance, but did state a penalty for late payers).

6. goose

goose LawnSite Member

I have been using the 12 month equal billing for 6 years.I include everything in the total cost for annual service ,36 to 52 visits ayear, aereate dethatch, fert program and anything else they want .Divide it by 12 .It can be done and it is very successful for me. In the winter months we always stay busy enough to keep 2 or 3 full time people busy.In the summer months we do pay more part time labor and fuel but we always pick up some pay as you go customers.I also bill the first of the month.As for irragation , we need it here and our average property we maintain is about $500,000 and they all have them.They usually have them on at about 4 in the morning so they are never aproblem During the summer of 99 we didnt miss a cut.I look back and I see I was rambling but I was replying to a couple of post.To wrap up year round billing works great!