I felt like a ****** but...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by all ferris, Feb 14, 2006.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I cut some grass today along a busy interstate. It was more of a clean up than it was mowing. Hotel I maintain wanted everything perfect because the big wigs were coming to town. i just put the grass catcher on the WB and went to town. I even used the edger to make things look "crisp". I'll bet everyone that dove by thought I was nuts but it sure did feel good to get out and mow. I just hate the feeling you get when you know that people are watching - especially this time of year.
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

That would be a little awkward...:laugh:

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I Would Have Done It In Shorts And A Tank Top
  4. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

Did it have the "fresh cut" smell?
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I know what you mean. I got some strange looks the other day while pulling a trailer full of mowers with snow on the ground. I just smile.:)
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Yeah I do a lot of stuff that I know looks crazy.

I once used my line trimmer to blow off a front porch cause Pedro and Antonio were using both blowers.

Here I was weed eating a concrete patio to most people that were watching.

O well I have little ingenious short cuts and things that I think of even if they look kinda ********.
  7. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone around here has been mowing lately! Some of my yards are approaching 4+ inches. Unusual though for this time of the year.
  8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

The funny thing was that the grass wasn't really tall enough to cut. Sure I hit some blades of grass but it was it was mostly sucking up what little leaves were on the ground and the little bit of trash. I did get that fresh cut grass smell a couple times (the smell of money).
  9. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

That smell is all that count$ then! :drinkup:
  10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

we mowed 3 yards one day last week, cause grass has been starting to grow. did leaf cleanups on them too. it snowed the next day.