I figured I would share the good news with you

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, May 14, 2008.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

all..

Finally found the Company for me....Doing what I want to do..
    Best part is I dont have to move anywhere..

ill have a brand new truck in 1 year, house in 5......

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Tell us more. What company?

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

401 k
    dental
    health
    1 weeks paid after a year, 2 weeks after 2 years paid.
    they pay for my cic/ school / production bonus's
    Full time year round (which on cape is hard to find)

I'm sure a few guys on here have heard of Bartlett tree company....

by 1 year from now I'll be making what a tech should make and hopefully then some..

::cracks beer::

4. Will you still be doing irrigation work? Is this mainly a tree company that needs an irrigation sideline? How did your old boss take it?

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

This is a test branch with irrigation...

they have 1000 irrigation accounts...3 techs me being the fourth..

6. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a lot of commercial accounts?? Sounds like a good opportunity. U break it to the boss yet?

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats man! Good work. Very happy for you. I'm raising a can in your honor right now - although it is Diet Pepsi.....

What will you be doing in the winter?

I have another question. How old are you? I'm thinking mid to late 20s. You have a very good desire to learn more and have gone out of your way to find what you need to learn. That is very hard to find. My #1 tech likes to go to the seminars I send him to, but he doesn't go out of his way to ask for more training. Or research what he could or should be learning. I even have many business books and trade magazines at the shop, but he doesn't pick them up. Your desire to learn more probably helped in getting this job.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

Nope....The buzz around the shop is I have been looking...I told him I've had a few interviews...He cut my OT hours....I took the Big interview...It really stinks cause i love my current boss, and he has done much for me..I learned on his time...4 years ago the guy who trained me had the same interview I just had...He turned it down...My Hoss trained me how to do irrigation right...This morning before my interview I shook his hand" Thank you for teaching me irrigation"

gave him a hug...shake "he goes whats wrong, Why are you saying this?"

Then big boss came over and I walked away...I know my hoss knows what is going down, and where I'm going to be working....

Dana- In the winter I will be going to school and working on the tree crews as a laborer..still getting my 60 + which is hard around cape in the winter...

I'm 27 years of age no kids no serious relationships. My desire to learn has always been big as soon as I found my trade...I figured if I know as much as possible I'll make more...Today my years of posting asking questions, reading, researching finally paid off..No doubt it helped me get this job, when I told my interviewer I sent my self to irrigation school this past winter he was in shock...I mean shouldn't everyone who is serious about work want to know everything there is possible...I must say my parents installed this virtue in me @ a younger age...Always pushing me to learn about what I enjoy no matter what it is...The best part Bartlett is going to pay for me to get a CiC

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Bartlett just made a wise investment. When do you start?