1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I finally decided!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ALEX'S LANDSCAPING, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Ok so, I finally decided on what my new name will be. DRUMROLL PLEASE.........

FOUR SEASONS LANDSCAPING

The reason that I chose that name was because I offer service in all four seasons:

SPRING= Yard clean-ups
    SUMMER= Lawn Mowing and Pressure Washing
    FALL= Leaf Removal and Plant Bed Cleaning
    WINTER=Snow Removal and De-icing

Tell me your thoughts about my new name
    BTW my former name was ALEX'S LANDSCAPING.
    But I was forced to change because someone in my servicing neighborhood(s) had their first name and landscaping exactly like me:hammerhead:
    Example: ------'s landscaping

2. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Hopefully you checked around on that name first? lol So you don't have to change again. Do you have to register it?

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

not very original. there is prolly five or six companies around me that have four seasons in thier name.
    Four Seasons Lawn Care, Four Seasons Landscaping, Four Seasons A/C & Heating, Four Seasons Property Maintenance, i could go on!

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Don't get mad now, but that is one of the most overused names in the business. Have you researched the dba's in your area to see if you can even legally use it? Do you really do landscaping or are you primarily a mowing outfit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Hold on...so their name isn't even Alex? It's a different first name? If so, why worry? And it sounds like you're doing lawn care/property maintenance, not landscaping...there is a difference.

6. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

Obviously I will register and check!!!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Let me get this straight...you want to change your name from Alex's Landscaping to something else because someone nearby uses their first name followed by landscaping too, like Bill's Landscaping or something?

8. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

Y'all think I could do better with Four Seasons Property Maintenance?
    :)

9. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

Exactly. And I am really mad that I have to do this because my dream company name was ALEX'S LANDSCAPING:hammerhead:

10. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

I dunno what a dba is