I finally started mulching.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Freddy_Kruger, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

my 6th cut and I finally got the guts to rock the boat and start mulching but nobody paid any attention to it yet. I've done about 15 yards (of 25 I got) and it looks good.

I did have a problem at one yard with a very thick lawn that was damp (they have a sprinkler system) it would leaves clots. I found myself mowing back and forth over and over and then finally blowing them around with the blower. Felt kinda stupdi blowing the lawn.

I guess if it starts clotting you use the bagger?

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

if you have some clogging, a blower is a good answer.... but this time of year where im at mulching is unrealistic....dont get me wrong i mulch but not during the heavy growth of the spring......

3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Clogging that's the word, lol. Damn!

Your climate isnt much different from ours, it can be pretty dry right now. I think our heavy growth spurt is over.

I guess mulching in rain or wet grass is a no no?

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

We have had a dry spring so far so the mulch kit has been on the 36 all year. Love it when you don't paint the house green:laugh:

But it can rain all it wants to now as I don't own a mulch kit or a mower any more--:) --just a homeowner garden tractor:dizzy: