I finally took the ZTR plunge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AboveTheCut, Apr 18, 2005.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I have been using walk behinds for about five years now. I do this part time to supplement my income, feed the kids, etc. I was trying to find a "cheap" zero turn and kept looking and looking. On Friday, I traded in my one season Scag WB on a Exmark Lazer Z, 52" UltraCut with 23 hp. I know its not the biggest or the best but I sure am happy so far.

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

congrats, once you get a handle on how to run it efficiently you"ll wonder why you didn't get one years ago.

3. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

what type of scag w/b did you have, how many hrs? what was your trade in value from the dealer? j/w b/c i'm in need of a w/b

4. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

it was a Scag 48 belt drive with a 15 hp Kawasaki. no hour meter but only used one season by me, probably around 250-300 hrs. I kept the Velke and the grass gobbler for another mower. I got $1500 from the dealer in trade but it was faster than trying to sell it myself and I'm not sure how much more if any I could have gotten myself. I had been looking for a couple of weeks and I just wanted to get it over with and start riding instead of walking.