I fired a customer!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by delphied, Jun 10, 2007.

1. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

My second mowing and all Ive heard is whining about the price. He said,"whats the absolute cheapest you will do my lawn for every week". I said this is my last visit because I like to make my customers happy and its obvious that I cant work cheap enough to make him happy. I dont know how he feels but I feel a whole lot better. I dont need anymore customers who want freebies. They dont want to mow it and they dont want to pay for it either. I told him thats the Catch 22 LMAO.

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you, I agree you don't need a customer like that ... I basically had one similar and put it a little more nicely though ... I told him my schedule was full, therefore, I wouldn't be back.

3. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

If somebodies a suspected PITA, get rid of them ASAP. I'm sure you did the right thing. Otherwise you'd been on here in a few weeks complaining about them.

4. delphied

Im not a nice guy to jerks. Jus cant help it. I do good work and am respectful .

5. nitro rookie

nitro rookie LawnSite Member

Hey Delphied,
    I'm a little currious on how you came up with your screen name.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I picked up a customer that the other LCO stoped cutting her grass...

I thought I really did something... she seemed nice, everything was going great.................Untill you guess it...... the bill came due......

she nit picked it to death........

I simply informed her that I CANT spend an hour on the phone going over this and that.... every little blade of grass.....

I told her I think it's best that we go our way and her ,,,,hers

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I treat my customers the same way they treat me.

8. delphied

I was forced to retire young from the bankrupt delphi corp. I was Delphied!!!

9. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

I am much the same, i dont kiss butt from P.I.T.A.S and treat all others with respect.

10. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Thats right Mike. I always give them a freebee shot, but respect and satisfaction go hand in hand. If both parties are not in accordance, then its over!