I fired a PITA !!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by premierlawncare, Oct 20, 2005.

1. premierlawncare

premierlawncare LawnSite Member

payup I had this customer for about 2 months. I have 4 other accounts on the same street. He wanted his property to look like my other accounts in just 2 months. We did alot of work to his property but then he saw weeds. :angry: oh no!!.

He said why are there weeds here? I told him we had alot of rain this last month and 2 hurricanes (florida). He didnt care and started to get mad.:angry: I think he was mad because I didnt bow down to his greatness. So then I told him if he want the weeds removed it would be additional cost.
    I told him that because I didnt like his attitude. Then he got really mad and started to say if you cant do it i'll hire another LCO blah blah blah, and once he finished I said you're fired!!! He got so mad he told me he wanted me off the property or he was gonna call the police. I told him to calm down, it is just grass!

I left his yard with just cutting , no weeder, and no blower. :laugh:

Then I used a line from precision lawn care(lawnsite member). I said make sure you pay my balance off before 14 days or i will lein your house. He said ewww lien for $15 trying to embarrass me. (His bill was $135 last month)
    He called me an a-hole and said he would tell the neighbors about me. I told him you can't bother me I make $10,000 a month. Oh, he got really mad. :real mad: (he has a job and probably makes $40,000 year.)

I told him I'm done talking to you and walked away.

He almost wanted to fight me. :gunsfirin

He almost got a whopping from a lawn guy.

I felt good to fire him when he was trying to push me around.

Oh, he paid me 1 week later, in full.payup
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Doesnt that give you a warm cozy feeling or it does me to dump a SOB:laugh: I ran into the same thing with a old hag 2 last weeks on blaming me for the weeds in her yard and posted about her.
  3. premierlawncare

I missed that post.
    Yeah it feels very good. I could of had a bad day, but I turned it into a great day by firing him!! :drinkup:
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

premierlawncare--did you really do all of what you said?

GEO :confused:
  5. premierlawncare

Yeah I did do all that? And he said all of those things too. He almost got hurt! But he's not worth my time.
  6. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

I think you did the right thing. I just hope he does not go running hid mouth to your other customers on the street.

I bet you had fun with him.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Premierlawn, You are one heck of a business man:dizzy:

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

My compliments:D It most certainly feels good to tell someone to kiss off. I'm sure someone will argue but, it takes a true businessman to know when to tell a customer to drop dead. I've done it and then some and I have one or two more to go for this year.
  9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

How come you couldnt get rid of the weeds?
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

he said he COULD get rid of the weeds, but told the client it would cost MONEY, and this upset the client. the nerve of this guy, asking for more money, for an added service, don't you know, you are SUPPOSED to give free stuff away? you did a good thing young man, you have restored my faith in the lawnboy race. there may, afterall, be an inckling of hope