1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I fired my red max

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flam41, Dec 20, 2005.

1. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

I have had enough of my 8000 blower.
    I am is serious leaf mode now, & when it gets dusty 10 seconds into the job she shorts out. all day on again off again. went to my dealer & got a sthil br 550 at 4:45pm.
    It has hidden fuel lines & GROUNDED ELECTRICAL COMPONETS! What a concept.
    I have had trouble with my 7001 blower numerous times the 8000 for awhile -my pole saw -tiller,
    All my sthil not a bit of problems.
    Shame on me for buying red.
    Had to vent
    Merry christmas boys
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Why didn't you get the BR600?

Now go gripe at your dealer for not selling you the biggest thing Stihl has out.
  3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the price differance between the 550 and the 600 i have a 600 and i LOVE it.....
  4. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

Wow, that is one of the first of very few negative reviews or feelings on Redmax equipment.

For the most part Redmax always seems to have very loyal users and makes very durable and reliable equipment.
  5. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

crap, I asked for the 550, not his fault. I didn't know.
    Search some past threads, alot of complaints on the 8000.
    Exposed fule lines & static problems.
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I guess no warranty for a reason???
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I gotta say I agree with you. I think I am done with RedMax also. I have several pieces of RedMax and all have the "shocking" issues that have been discussed on here in the past and to be quite honest I really don't think that the trimmers are any stronger or better than the Stihl's or Echo commercials we use and I know our Shindy BP's are as strong or stronger than the 7001 and 8000, cause I have run them side by side under the exact same conditions.
  8. BEN2700

BEN2700 LawnSite Member

This Is The First I've Heard Of Widespread Redmax Products Shorting Out. What Did The Dealer Say
  9. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the fuel lines snap on me a couple times in cold weather, it gets brittle and tears easily. My dealer gave me 5 feet of new line for free, which I keep in the truck. It takes less than 5 minutes to replace, including time spent searching for hose and cutters.

I have had a problem with my Redmax 7000 once in a while, the off button gets stuck in off and won't pop out. A little silicone spray fixed it fine.

I was shocked a couple times, bolts of lightening came out of the off switch near the shorting wire, but I learned never to put my finger in that position, and it never happens any more. The newer generation 8000 has not given me any problems yet.
  10. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member