I flipped yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wojo23323, Aug 10, 2005.

1. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Crusing on the Wright Stander as fast as it will go. All of the sudden the mower stops but my fat a$$ didn't. I went right over the top and landed in front of the mower on my shoulder and head. :dizzy: Got up and shook it off and looked around and saw what I hit. It was a water meter box. I'll paint that one bright yellow next week so no one else hits it. Total damage bruised shoulder, arm, hip and shins.
  2. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Glad your alright.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

It's a bummer when you need to ware a helmet when cutting grass, Hope the deck is alright and happy you are.
  4. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

glad it wasn't anything too serious..sounds frightening though ...c
  5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

WOJO, hey man been there and done that so dont feel bad. I did that a few years back riding on a sulky, I sure wish the water company would paint those things a different color!
  6. wojo23323

I also ran one over last year with a super z. It was a roud 1 about 12" in dia. I knew it was there but had a brain fart and ran it over. Cut it off and discharged it 25 feet across the driveway. Glad no one was standing there. It weighed about 10 lbs.
  7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope nobody saw this because it is embarasing.
  8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've done that on a wb with jungle wheels. I was in 5th gear too. To make it worse, I was mowing the convenience store in front of the mower shop I use and a lot of the guys saw it.
  9. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

The first thing that I would of did instead of looking at what I hit would have been to see if any body saw it. And my luck there would have been people all over rolling on the ground.............but thats my luck. ;)
  10. wojo23323

I'm suprised no one saw it since we were doing a 90 unit townhouse complex.