I forgot but now I remeber.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jul 31, 2004.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

You know how if you leave something you forget the bad and remember only the good? Well, I quite my lawn bis. last year to focus more on my family and my full time job and have been missing it, that is until this last week. I forgot what it was like to cut wet tall grass with a Hustler. So far this year I have able to cut my grass when it is dry but my grass and my neighbors yard need to be cut after a solid week of rain and I cut on the first dry day, only a week after it had been cut last time. Now I know wet grass dosn't cut good but you would think a $7800.00 mower would do better in these conditions. My old Toro w/b with only a 12.5 kaw would have done better the my Super Z. If I do get back in the biz, I am selling the Super Z and getting a toro. Just one mans opinion, do not but a Hustler until they change thire deck.

2. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

same with the scag ultimate deck,,,,,, it dont cut wet grass worth a crap my older style walk with the very very deep deck does wonderful in tall wet grass .... when are the mower companys going to learn we gtta cut wet alot of times we cant wait till 10 or 11 am to get started