i forgot to pay you...funny story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 13, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

started at a new customer about 3 weeks ago. i cut the lawn, half way through, the guy comes out, says, "thanks for comming, you are doing a great job, and pays me." 5 min later, he comes out again and says, "thanks for comming, you are doing a great job", and then pays me again. im like, "wait, u paid already." he says, "no i didnt!" i said, "u did too." he goes in the house, 5 min later we are packing up, he comes out and says, "thanks for comming, u r doing a great job", and hands me more money. im like, please stop, u already paid, he says no i didnt, i said u did too, and i drove away. i get home that evening, there is a messege on my machine, its the guys wife, it says, "thanks for comming, u r doing a great job, but we need to pay you, we dont like our bills to pile up, so next time please make sure u knock to get paid". i call back and tell her her husband paid me, shes says he did not. please check my records, she is sure im mistaken. im like ughhh!!!!!!!! im thinkin, maybe i should drop all of my other customers, and just go cut his lawn, every day

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

OK :rolleyes:

3. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Cut it about 8 times per day.Think of the travel time and equipment wear and tear you'll save.LOL

4. mr.lawnzap

mr.lawnzap LawnSite Member
    from tulsa

if there gonna give it to you after you already spoke to them about it take it!

5. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if thats the kinda crazy customer you drop or give a disctount too....
    Prolly some old guy with problems starting to set in.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have to agree with Got Grass..he is probably having problems with his memory and it's effecting his judgment.

7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

If it happens again, after the first time he pays you, just tell him that he is a great customer and this time its free.

;)

8. grayghost_32

grayghost_32 LawnSite Member

LMAO Good answer Gator.

9. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

CrazyGator said it. That's exactly what I would do.

10. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

So, was this "Ground Hog Day"?