I found a cheap printing service

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by David Gretzmier, Sep 11, 2008.

1. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

gotprint.net is one of the least expensive printing services I have found for postcards, flyers,doorhangers and business cards. They offer mailing and addressing, but thier main gig is cheap printing. You can get full color both sides 4x6 postcards for about 2.3 cents apiece if you buy 10,000 ( or 230 bucks) 6x9's, the ones I like, and are the same price to mail and address as 4x6, are 7.2 cents each for 10000. UV coated, color both sides, 14pt paper. good stuff.
  2. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

David, do you mean that the 7.2 cents each is for processing? I find it hard to believe that you can mail a 6x9 card for that because the postage can't be negotiated. The cheapest way I've found to pay postage is mailing by carrier route, and then the postage is still around .17-.18 cents each. If you mail to specific addresses with a list, the postage will be around .27 each. Something sounds fishy about this company if they are telling you this.
    I'd like to find out more about this, so if you get additional info before I do please post the info. Thanks!
  3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

i think the 7 cents was for printing only. Thats cheaper than I am paying right now. Might have to order 10000
  4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Gotprint does all of my printing now. They did a great job for me and their prices can't be beat.
  5. David Gretzmier

The prices I quoted above is Printing only. I will definetly be trying them out.

they offer mail services, and some direct marketing packages, one of which I can't believe is true- for 4,000 bucks, they will design, print, label, and mail ( which I assume means this includes postage) 4 sets of 10,000 4x6 full color postcards. not 4000 for each mailing, mind you, 4000 total. It just can't be done. postage alone for 40,000 pieces would be 7-8 grand. On the same page, they offer a single printing,labeling,mailing of 10,000 for 1,000 bucks, so maybe, but HOW?
  6. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Dave, what kind of mailing list services do they offer? I am using quantummail because I can use google maps to select actual streets, which is interfaced with one of the services called easifarm.

I'm sure I am paying more per card, but I am only sending out 1 card. Kidding. That would be a mailing campaign for under a buck. Actually, quantum's rate is good for anything over 20!

I just did a mailing to just over 2 thousand addresses, but in tightly grouped neighborhoods. Just over "fitty" cents each, color one side, jumbo sized card.
  7. David Gretzmier

I called them today and got a bit better info on the "marketing" packages they offer. the price is for the total number of pieces. so when they say 10,000 quantity and 4 consecutive mailings, or 2 mailings, they mean divide the quantity by the number of mailings. so the 10,000 pieces is 2500 mailings, times 4, and it includes targeted customers and all printing/labeling, etc. I got a quote today on 2 mailings of 2500 each, super jumbo cards ( 6 x 11 ), includes full color both sides, design, info usa demographics and home value, postage, printing, labeling. etc. 2500 bucks and change, so 50 cents a card as well, but quite a bit larger ( think a sheet of paper minus 2 1/2 inches on the side ) so in my opinion more impact. if direct mail generates a .1% response, that looks like 25-50 bids, That'd be great.
  8. bmwsmity

bmwsmity LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Ohio

I'd be interested in what kind of response you get from this... I've never done a large mailing...only 200 at a time... just don't have the budget for it yet.

I've done a total of maybe 1000-1500 mailers over time, with many going to the same addresses 3-4 times, and I've got probably 10k worth of work from it.

I created all the marketing materials myself, so my total cost was around .50 ea. with first class postage (I used envelopes).

One of the jobs I sold was a client I doorhung and sent a mailer to a YEAR prior....so I guess you can't really figure your response rate until much further down the road.. frequency is key.
  9. David Gretzmier

I also have done small mailings using quantum mail and google maps, nailing down the nice streets. It is a great tool after you have done a job in a neighborhood to hit them twice and use a photo of the home you lit for the cover. The really nice homes seem to be grouped, so this type of targeted mailing makes sense. I will use the gotprint.net folks for a more mass aproach for the nicer homes that seem to be hidden. Unfortunately this usually means you get the farms that are worth alot landwise but won't do lighting, the wealthy but small homes, and other folks who filled in the wrong blanks on income and homevalue on magazine subcriptions just to see what happens.

never done this? go ahead and do it and watch your mailbox fill. fill out a free magazine subscription info card, or an online free survey, and once you've done it twice, you're in like flyn. mark the home value of 1 million plus box, and the income of 250k plus, and you will never want for mail.

The problem is others do this, and it wastes your direct mail dollars. others that belong on the list also work really hard to get off those lists, and you miss them. Quantum mail by street always get's all the homes on the street. but mass mailing probably wastes 15% of what it mails.
  10. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa