I found a lawn today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I did a leaf clean up for a new customer today. This is a photo of the front after blowing off the driveway and blowing out the beds. I should have taken one of the back, it was way worse.

oconnorbefore1reduced.jpg

2. Darryl G

Here's another angle

oconnorbefore2reduced.jpg

3. Darryl G

Here's the lawn after. I did blow the drive off and the leaves in the right foreground on my way out with the Billy Goat.

oconnorafter.jpg

4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow nice pics guy. How does that push blower work ? thats about the same size properties I do. What type of equipment are you using for your clean-ups?

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

How did we tackle this one??? dont tell me tarps :rolleyes: :confused:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Whoa...very tasty Darryl...betcha had some fun with that one, huh?

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

did u blow them into the woods? that would be the easiest

8. Darryl G

Bunton Guy - Shindaiwa EB630 BP, the Billy Goat 10 HP (pictured), Exmark TTHP 48 inch with 4.2 bushel Accelerator bagger, Echo ES-2400 Shredder Vac and 8 x 10 and 10 X 12 tarps (cordora nylon and canvas). The Billy Goat is new this year, I like it a lot. It's light, well balanced and the hand-operated chute is great.

Expert Lawns - I blew the drive with the BG, the beds with the Shindaiwa and Echo. The area shown was reduced with the Exmark with doubles (notched high lifts on bottom, gators on top) then tarped to back. I have rope hangles on all the tarp grommets and a long one near the center. I run the long rope through the others, tie it to the Bull Rider sulky and drag to the on-site disposal area in the rear. The rear was mostly blown into piles with the BG and pushed to the disposal area with the mower.

Rodfather - yeah, 6 hrs pushing pretty hard...snow on the way.

Here's part of the back after. BTW - The disposal area is down a path near the bare spot in the center rear of this photo.

oconnorrearreduced.jpg

9. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work. Tough to tell from the photos but it looks like a lot of oak. Brutal.

Looks like you could just blow em into the woods. Hope that was the case.

Happy thanksgiving!

10. Darryl G

Customer didn't want them blown into the woods, but I did blow the edges and some stragglers in. I don't think I could have gotten them in very well anyway, lots of small brush for them to hang up on and would have left a noticable ridge for sure with that many leaves. I do have a couple of properties where I do that though, including the back of one I did yesterday.