I found a surprise in the grass this week!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by geogunn, Aug 31, 2001.

1. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

while edging a small portion of a bed and lawn this week I made a disturbing discovery!

about 10 feet of a bed needed an edge so I pulled out the flat point shovel and did the deed.

the whole thing took less than a minute but when I picked up the edged grass,...there was a BLACK WIDOW SPIDER left in place! YIKES!:eek:

have you ever seen a black widow?

she was the blackest black that there can be! so black that she shines! she is irridecent! she doesn't reflect light but she glows just the same! prior to her demise, I was not able to inspect the orange hour glass on her bottomside!

I smushed the little arachnid but it was a reminder of poo poo that I don't need while on the job!

few people die from a black widow bite but anyone bit has some crappy days ahead!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

GEO

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Monkey?

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Gold Nugget? Wow you sure left us in suspense. :D

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

WHATINTHEHELLHAPPENED?

while writing my post my clumsey right foot hit the enter button and the incomplete post was sent. I immediately set about to edit.

let me see what has happened...:blob2:

GEO

5. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

That's scary stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily thet don't live in Wisconsin...........yet!

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

hehe :D I thought it was one of those 4 word stories (just a longer version). You've seen those right? It's an internet thing :p Someone starts the story with 4 words, then everyone comes in and add 4 words and ends up with something really funny. Maybe I'll try it in the off topic board sometime :)

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

just be glad you are not mr. spider. she eats him soon as hes done the do. what a way to go

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Instead of Black Widow, could have just called this species "the ex!":D

9. andyslawns

andyslawns LawnSite Member

we have quite q few of these up here in MO. Last year we found about six of them in are barn. we bought some spider spray,but it did not work on them. but the spray and a lighter did. :blob2: my friend had a whole nest of them above his garage door. they got torched too. watch out for them, they can kill ya!!!!!!!!!!!

10. laserman

laserman LawnSite Member

A cust wanted me to pull up some landscape fabric around a tree and I got my hand under the edge to pull it up, Hi there mr. snake. A friend they are very poisonous so fabric still there.