I found a Toro commercial 21 beside the highway

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by jim6172, Aug 6, 2014.

1. jim6172

jim6172 LawnSite Member

Like the title says I found a toro commercial beside the highway about 5 miles from my home, it is a 2011 model 22197, I am assuming it was lost off a trailer,
    What Ive done is to place an add in the local paper stating that if the owner could identify the mower (serial #) I would return it, also ive left the details at the local dealers, the mower is in like new condition so I am assuming someone is just sick over it, do the fine people here think Ive done enough to get this mower returned or is there more I should do?
    jim

2. BIG NICKY

BIG NICKY LawnSite Member

i knew i should have strapped it down :cry: lol

3. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

Call local PD and see if it is stolen. Call toro and give them the Serial number to see if they have buyer info.

4. jim6172

jim6172 LawnSite Member

It still had a black rubber bungee attached missing 1 hookthe only damage was a little scrapping on the side of the handle , no broken plastic kinda suprising.

5. xstatikplus

xstatikplus LawnSite Senior Member

There needs to be more ppl like you
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jim6172

jim6172 LawnSite Member

Kawizx62003 I tried the local pd and the only equipment showing up as lost or stolen was someones 30 year old JD rider, and his wife LoL, The local Toro dealers told me the s/n was not sold locally. Ill try Toro today didn't think of them.
    jim

7. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Where abouts did you find it ?

8. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

You could put a craigslist ad up too

9. jim6172

jim6172 LawnSite Member

Highway 97 between Sapulpa and Sandsprings just south of tulsa county line, just glanced over and saw the handle pulled over and looked, it was pretty neglected looking covered in dirt and mud, loaded it up, took it home power washed it lightly tried to start it no go wouldnt fire at all, every thing looked good new plug connections good finally traced the problem to a little copper contactor on the blade break that kills the engine it was bent making constant contact, fixed that and she now starts on first or second pull. I am going to call toro today and try to track the s/n to a dealer and attempt to figure out how to get this one home.
    jim
    jim

10. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Your cool. It's not like it's someone's kid or even the family dog. :rolleyes: I need to go paintpen my # on a few things I haul around. Good lesson for me today, thanks.