1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I found another way to make money while putting out my flyers...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnsplus, Apr 6, 2006.

1. lawnsplus

lawnsplus LawnSite Member

So I was puttingout flyers last week and was approached by a guy in a pickup putting out flyers for handyman services.

He asked if I would put out his flyers with mine... hmmm...

I asked what he was willing to pay and he said .05 each I said OK I am walking anyway why not.

So then I get home and find several flyers at my door for everything from window cleaning to house cleaning, I started calling them and most are happy to have this done for them at this price.

Now I am going to be making $50 per thousand flyers x 6 companies, my cost in this is the price of the plastic bag and colating them. They supply the flyers.

I just got off the phone with a temp service that will supply personell to do the work at $7.75 per hour!

1 person walking 8 hours should be able to put out 1000 flyers door to door.

So 1 day of colating = $62.00

1 day of delivery = $62.00

Cost is $124

profit = $176 for 2 days and my flyers are deliverd for the cost of printing.

Now lets see if we can do 5000 each delivery....

exponential growth.

2. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job. That's how new businesses get started. If you like the you are delivering for offer thier services to your cust. Lets say painting. They give you a price for 5000. You tell your cust. 5500. They knew they neede to get thier house painted but never got around to it. You tell them the devestating effects and cost it could be if they wait. You look like a hero and you make a couple days pay with a couple of phone calls and a charming pesonality.