i found something cool

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Robert Doubrava, Sep 19, 2001.

1. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

Haven't heard anything about the briggs but the Honda 4-cycle is my favorite weedeater engine ever:D

2. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, Hondas are great engines in my opinion :D

3. thelandscaper27

thelandscaper27 LawnSite Member

I tried the new 4cycle weed eater. To me, it was heavy and took more oil than gas. You can't angle them like you can with the 2cycles.

4. Robert Doubrava

what kind of engine was on it? and yes, they will flood like all 4 cycles when turned at an angle.

5. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

WHY WOULD YOU WANT A 4 STROKE??
    THE INTIAL REASON FOR A 4 STROKE WAS TO PASS EMISSIONS REGS, THERE IS NOT A MINI FOUR OUT THERE THAT CAN PASS EMISSIONS STANDARDS FOR 300 HOURS WHICH IS WHAT THE EPA CONSIDERS THE "COMMERCIAL" CUT OFF, HONDA CAN ONLY MAKE IT 150 HOURS. ALSO HOW ABOUT OIL CHANGES?? DON'T NEED TO DO THAT WITH A 2 CYCLE!! CHECK OUT THE TANAKA PUREFIRE IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CLEAN ONE!

6. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Carl - please refrain from posting in "ALL-CAPS" - it's harder to read, and caps are the keyboard equivalent of YELLING! :eek: at everyone!

Thanks! :)

7. Robert Doubrava

i went to the website, and it shows that the new engine exceeds emission standards. in other words, its supposed to be better than 2 strokes, it also stated.

8. Robert Doubrava

if i do buy a gas powered weed eater, id probably buy a stihl trimmer. i think the fs75 is a good model.

9. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

go with a kawasaki trimmer

10. Robert Doubrava

i would consider it, but i dont have a kawasaki dealer here. the only dealer i know only sells stihl, echo, and poulan trimmers.