i found something cool

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Robert Doubrava, Sep 19, 2001.

1. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Robert if you will run your two strokes wide open 95% of the time they wont clog up near as much.

2. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

uh huh. that carbon really clogs it up!

3. JoeSig

JoeSig LawnSite Member

thats what shuts down most two cycle engine is that carbon build up . If people would just run their machines at 75% and up and not 'bump' the thottle they would reduce build up and get a better cut. that's just my exp anywho:p

4. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

robin also makes a 4 stroke weedeater..

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

run a leaner gas to oil ratio no less than 50:1

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I think the new PRO mag has a picture of one in it. I would probably consider the honda first, but weight would need to be considered. During the hottest part of summer a heavy trimmer would likely end up in storage.

7. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I saw the new Shindaiwa 4-stroke trimmer this week at the Peoria Farm Show. It uses the 2-cycle oil in the gas just like the 2-stroke engines. Stihl is making a similar one which is to be available next summer. They say it weighs only 6 oz. more than their 2-stroke.

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Shindaiwa??, i would go after that

9. bharrison

bharrison LawnSite Member

For what it's worth, I have owned a Ryobi 1079r 4 stroke for two years now with no problems. I would classify use as "Heavy Homeowner" as I use it to trim, edge, and blow my yard & a few others down the road.
    Engine has never given me trouble starting, and is suprisingly quieter than a 2-stroke.

-Ben

10. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

Was it heavy to you? And I really like the new B&S 4 cycle. I have not bought one yet, though.