1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I get Lowballed on a Mulch Jobs

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, May 26, 2012.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

This is on a Lawn I mow but ppl does it (DOES NOT) groom the beds or the tree rings
    I told customer If I did the beds The grooming is part of the bid I gave them But other guy must be still way cheaper then me
    The customer hires me to groom the beds bad thing is The new mulch is already there To me it looks bad after I groom it but customer is ok with it

I groom with my Turf Teq Here few pics

snls 004.jpg

snls 005.jpg

snls 006.jpg

snls 007.jpg

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Honestly ,not to good looking after pixs.Sorry.

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

dont tell me I know to much dirt in the mulch Customer is happy with it I hate it

4. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

wow...you need to find some better clients.... I wouldn't want people to see me edging that and think those are my standards. Call me crazy or what ever but if it makes me look bad I don't do the project!

5. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

I would of said: [​IMG]

In all reality i dont deal with CHEAP customers like so... Either u want my service or you dont! Also if it were up to me i Wouldnt of even groomed those beds.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Well I installed the lawn I mow it 5 acres trim shrubs/trees Lawn treatments just never did the mulch
    grooming was around $200 for less then 2 hrs of work
    They pay well and on time
    So about $1,200 each month So they ask I did it What would you do

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would've went in with a rake and pulled the mulch back, edged, graded soil, pulled mulch back and then charged $300, but that's just me. I couldn't leave a job looking like that.

8. Snyder's Lawn Inc

All he wanted me to do groom the edge He did the clean up The beds has never been groomed
    Beds been there atleast 10 yrs

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

You can only tell them so much, BTW what kind of mulch is that, looks like they used something off the back of a tree chipper truck?

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Glad somebody else noticed the same thing I did.