I give up..... It happened AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jlohouston, Jun 29, 2006.

1. jlohouston

jlohouston LawnSite Member

On 5-25 I made a post Mad as heck!!! My blower was stolen....

Well today my blower and hedge trimmers were stolen ...... $1022.15 total

I (I am a solo) was in a back yard and came walking to the front when a young man was loading up my blower into his car. I took off after him but there was not a chance in hell to keep up, with a trailer on a 4X4 truck...

The car did not have a plate on it either....

I don't know what to do anymore I can't keep buying a blower or hedge trimmers every month.. I use a heavy lock and chain but a large pair of cutters go right through anything....

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Well, did you file a report anyway and give the make and model of the car? Must be some sorry assed law enforcement in Houston if a car can be driving around without a plate like that. I probably would have burned up my truck and risked losing the trailer off the back in order to catch him and run him off the road.

3. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know what to say man. I felt your pain the last time this happened, but now, I don't know. It sucks. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. What can you do? Sorry.

4. jlohouston

Yes I had the cops there gave them the serial numbers of the equipment etc.... They went looking for the little bastar......d! ....:waving:

5. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

man, that sucks and i'm sorry to hear that this is twice now. Crappy way to start the holiday weekend. The only comfort i can offer is that sooner or later he'll get his...also by this time i would either buy a gun or bring the dog!!

fear this.JPG

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Put high sides on your trailer. Make them out of expanded metal . Its cheaper then buying new equipment.

I'll see if i can find a pic for you.

7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Get an enclosed trailer, Glock and a CCW permit. Enclosed trailer is starting to look pretty cheap.

8. John Gamba

from ct

Like this but higher. you can make a compartment for the equipment.

70lr.jpg

9. John Gamba

from ct

Enclosed trailers are nice but very limited in use.

10. jlohouston

I do carry a .38 but be honest would you really shoot at someone in a neighborhood when the thief is driving off?

It's sumertime and kids are all over the place..... what if you do hit and kill him... Was he a threat to your life? I am as tuff as they come when it comes to protecting myself or a family member but.... shooting and killing someone over a blower... Layer fees, lost work due to court, your company name all over they news = thousands

blower and hedge trimmer = no jail, but $1000 out of pocket...

TRUST me I would love to go off on this little bastar......d but not where kids and people are... If I was at one of my country homes outside the city limits a different story....