I got a 115.5k Sq Ft qoute to do

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by burnsyscapes, Mar 10, 2012.

1. burnsyscapes

burnsyscapes LawnSite Member

A future mowing cumster, also wants a qoute to do 2.6 acres. i am not sure how to even price this. Do granular which i can do, or get a mini skid sprayer of a pull behind for my zturn and do it cause it will be cheaper. not sure.

Any help would be awesome.

for a 7 treatment i am looking at around $425
    To me it seems steep, but i would also like to beat out trugreen which they will get a quote from

any help would be awesome!

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

whats the degree of difficultly? price sounds tad low for me... 485

3. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Dint try to beat TG on price. Sell quality
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. burnsyscapes

I will defiantly beat them in quality. just would like get this job, one thing they like that i told the is that i am there every week. and true green is there only 7 times a year if that

5. burnsyscapes

easy, all open no trees to go around mulch beds or nothing. straight shot

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tg and some of the larger guys here will bid around $150/acre per application

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

A large company around here charged $6.00 per thousand sqft plus $22.00 base fee. Of course they discounted big lawns majorly.

8. ran3166

ran3166 LawnSite Member

You need to stay closer to $500 a service. I would even go $525. I do alot of commercial fertilization in Florida and use mainly all granular with a zspray. Most of the companies I come across that are competative use about $5.00 a 1000 sqft. So if you use that as a guide only on commercial work you will be competative with Tru green most times unless the sales guy is really desperate and they will only keep the contract for a short time because they under bid.. Keep in mind the difficulty factor like how much blowing off of fert or if there are alot of small islands and what not.
    Good luck and contact me if you need any advise. By the way Zsprays are the only way to go...

9. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

I just won a bid for 150K in a 17 home housing development. 5 apps at $600/. I am way cheaper then I want to be but I wanted to book 5 full weeks on the new PG and that helped. It's my fertilizer guys development so I am using that leverage to get my prices as low as possible. He wants a killer lawn this year.

10. Squires4Seasons

Squires4Seasons LawnSite Member

Just to get this straight. Are you charging $425 per application or $425 for all 7 applicaitons?

My costs for fertilizer averages about $20 per 50# bag which would cover between 10 to 15,000ft2 (Depending on product). I figure that it would cost about $200 per applicaiton for that size property. If there are seven applications, then it would be around $1400. These costs don't reflect weed killers, labor, & gas getting to site.

Tell me your secrets for charging only $425.