I got a camelbak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paddy, Jun 16, 2000.

1. paddy

paddy LawnSite Member

I bought a camelbak yesterday, and I used it the first time today. They are popular with bikers. It is a small backpack with a water bladder, this connects to a tube that you put in your mouth, bite then suck. It is great, i can drink whenever i want, wherever I want, without even stopping my mower. No more walking all the way across a yard back to my truck. You can put ice in it, so that cool water feels great. Only problem, i pissed twice in 2 hours of using it. it cost $40, but i should have bought a larger model, mine holds 70 oz's, i could have bought a 100 oz model. it feels funny/silly at first, but it definetly helps.

2. dhicks

dhicks Member

The Camelbak sounds great to me. I'd go for the 100 ouncer myself. Were you able to purchase it online? If so, where? Perhaps if I can find one, I can do a little humping myself. No pun intended. <p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

where did you get that thing?<p>I get tired of going back to the truck for a cool one myself. shoot! a person could throw a couple of quarts in that thing and be set for a good while!<p>think of the other applcations! third hole of the back 18 and you are parched! a bass tournament when you just gotta cool off and there isn't a fish in the boat yet. no time to sit and cool one!<p>great idea! unfortunately my spouseperson isn't noding her head up and down at the idea!:)<p>GEO

4. Alan

Alan Member

I have a couple of the small one that Trimmer Trap sells,, they work fine, just a bit too small and being belt mounted they tend to get in the way when you're on a mower,, just fine with a walk behind or when trimming though

5. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a better idea-<br> How about someone making a similar aparatus to wear that you could pee whenever you had to!<br>Just think-while doing a residential with the owners washing the car, or in public at a commercial job; you could give them a silly grin as you relieve your self in public, much like the same look when you relive your self in a swimming pool :)<br>I'd definitely buy one of those! No more holding it until the next job, etc. I can see it now.........<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

6. bill phagan

bill phagan Guest

just jump in the customers pool. stay cool and drink up.

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Watch out, we'll start an entirely disgusting conversation about peein' in the customers pool! <p>How about strapping it over the seat of your mower, like a backpack for your seat. I think I sweat too much to have to pee that much so the seat thing would work out well, better than a cupholder!<p>Homer

8. richard2

richard2 Banned

if you are drinking that much water you better know where all your bushes are!

9. You can get a catheter at any medical supply house.<p>Just keep an extra 2 feet of tubing in your<br>boot. <p>When you are ZTR riding you can just pull out the tube and then you will be able to charge the account an application of liquid urea.

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Lawrence.............you one funny guy