I got a F

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irritation, May 16, 2014.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

On Angie's List.

2. ASI

ASI LawnSite Member

F*** Angie's List.

3. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Seconding the correct Sir who quotes the great Edison!

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

If you got an F for not talking to Angie just think of the grade you would have got when you told her there were 100 people standing in line for your service and you don't give a crap who she is.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. irritation

I have told them, I do not advertise and I do not want new business. There is no way to stay off the list.

7. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Ditto BBB...telling folks they will have to wait in line never goes over well. Cannot find enough help bloes
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the one thing that I hate about Yelp, Angie's List and all of these kinds of places. It gives a$$holes a platform do display their stupidity for all to see. It would be one thing if you showed up and did a crappy repair and ripped someone off. But to give somebody an F just because you couldn't call them back the same day is total bull$hit. What if you had been injured or had a family emergency or somebody died. This is why we have stayed from residential work for the last 25 years. If I had to deal with miserable a-holes like this I'd probably have quit this gig long ago.

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

The BBB is a total joke as well. I had a tenant in one of my commercial buildings pack up in the middle of the night, 6 months into a 5 year lease and just abandon their unit and move to Washing state and set up shop. They were a BBB accredited A+ business, so as somebody who had a legally binding contact with, which they broke, I filed a complaint with the BBB against them. Not because I thought that it would do anything, but just to put it out there for all to see when they pulled them up on the BBB website. The BBB wouldn't even investigate my claim or anything. I guess if you pay the BBB for a listing you're guaranteed to have an A+ rating no matter what kind of an A-hole you are.

10. irritation

Customers think they are doing you a favor giving good reviews or recommending to friend or neighbor and I guess they are but there is a limit and I'm over it.