1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I got a new man oven!! (Weber Genesis)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by cgaengineer, Aug 4, 2008.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Its my birthday so everyone in my family pulled together and purchased a new grill for me. Coming from a tiny $99 dollar CharBroil this grill is like a Mercedes! I cooked steaks yesterday as soon as I finished assembling and running for a few minutes to remove factory protective oils. I have to say this thing cooks fast, much faster than any grill I have ever used...my steaks came out a bit over done but I am VERY happy with the Weber and just have to get used to cooking on it.

I thank my family for such a great and much needed gift.

[​IMG]

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Nice! :drinkup: As far as the steaks getting done too fast, - you'll get it dialed in. Just call and tell us if we should bring some potato salad or something else. :)

3. cgaengineer

Yeah, gonna do some burgers and chicken tonight to get a little more experience with it for the upcoming weekend. I will be grilling for a few guests and plan to do a few racks of ribs and a couple whole chickens. This will be my first time ever cooking baby backs on a grill, normally I use my smoker which works very well (Its also gas)but is the model previous to this one. I have cooked some tasty stuff on my smoker, ribs, briskets, chicken, turkey, beef jerky, pork loins, and pork butts...all of which have turned out very well.

4. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread makes me hungry!

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

tht thng is sweet!

6. bmh1202

bmh1202 LawnSite Member

Nice setup. Webers cook differently than regular gas grills. They are more like a real oven than a grill. Takes some getting used to but well worth it.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Alright,..you can KNOCK IT OFF now! lol :drinkup: (my stomach's growling)

8. ch973934

ch973934 LawnSite Member

Nice grill! My dad just got the exact same one about 2 weeks ago, it's sweet. He said he got some mesquite chips to burn in it too. He loves the thing, broke it in at my sister's graduation party...Good luck with it!

CH

9. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

those steaks didnt happen to be KC strips did they??? Those would cook great on that!:drinkup::jester::bday:

10. cgaengineer

I just cooked some angus burgers (sorry no pictures, when I turned around they were gone!!) from a small country store up the road...man were they good, I toasted the buns (On the grill)! This store is the last place you would expect to get fresh ground angus burgers but it really is good...it took me several years before I would buy anything like burgers from them but after I got over the small store fear I was in love with these burgers (They call them steak burgers)!!

You are right about how a Weber cooks bmh1202, it really does cook different and is very similar to an oven.

Suggestions on what I should cook tomorrow (Hour or less please)? I will take pictures this time.