I got a new toy.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by J. Peterson Grading, Jun 25, 2008.

1. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Well. Since we have been getting pounded with all these flood related repair jobs. I decided to take the plunge and Buy another ASV.

ASV is offering 0 Payments for 90 days and 0% Financing for 36 months. So I couldn't resist doing it. I am even considering Trading my RC50 for a new PT60 (Loaded up as well)

So If it ever gets delivered. I bought an 08 PT80. Loaded up, All options.

I was supposed to have it last Friday, But the dealer (While doing the Pre-delivery Check out) found a bad Hydrolic valve on it and decided to get it fixed before delivery. Which was nice of them.

So As soon as it gets here I will post pics.

J.

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Sounds nice J, can't wait to see the pics & good luck with it!

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

so your dropping the RC50 at my house at noon right?

LOL

i wish!!!! haha

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

You must really love those ASV's, I like them, but I love the Cat's more.

5. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Ron..don't get me wrong, the 247B2 is a sweet machine but I have demoed both the ASV PT60 and the 247B2 and the PT60 literally runs circles around the CAT in traction, maneuverability, visibility, balance and definitely speed. It has got to be a hp to weight ratio thing because they use the same engine and pumps except for the drive motors. I was told that the PT60 uses the same drive motors that the ASV PT100 uses. I will say that ASV gives up some in the cab department but it is plenty roomy and comfortable. I think one of the things that has hurt them over the years is their dealer network. It quite simply can't hold a candle to CAT or Bobcat. They do have some very good dealers just not the numbers.

6. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

Its a simplicity/price thing for me.

I WILL never own a Bobcat machine. Ever. Conversation closed there

Cats are real nice. But they are so over priced for no more than they are that I just can't see owning one.

ASVs are quite simply a Simple machine. Thats why I like them.

J.

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

how much did the new one run you?

8. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

The other thing is. My local Bobcat and Cat dealers don't want to sell anything to the "Small guys" They constantly over look guys like me. (Owner/Operator) They only go after the Large Fleet guys that will buy 40 Skid loaders in a year. I mean a few million $ in sales a year verses a single skid loader in 3 years.

I have never even met my new Cat sales man. He will be next door dropping off a new unit, I will be standing out front, And he just drives on buy. But I do have a good relationship with the Cat rental guy. He's real cool.

Bobcat on the otherhand. Knows better. Screw those A-holes. The send the Linkbelt guy out now. He leaves cards (trying to sell me a used RC85 that they can't get anybody Local to buy) But He's involved with the bobcat crew so Screw him to.
    My bobcat Dealer is the same as cat. They only want the large guys, so small guys have to go to them.

These guys need to get it through thier heads that at some point, the only people that will be buying NEW equipment is the small guys. The big boys will be so busy fighting for work, that they will be low balling just to stay in the game. So they wont have the cash to buy new.

So these sales men are burning bridges and they can't even see it.

My new ASV dealer is just hands down cool. I told him that I wouldn't buy ANY machine from him unless they take over the repair work on my RC50. (Old dealer sucked at that) They agreed and it was time to buy. (Got it in writing to) These guys get it. The small guys are the future.

9. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

$50000.00 and I am going to add a few thing. Brush gard, Combo bucket,

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

im not saying anything other than a price, a cat 297c is in the paper with demo hours for 55k or best offer. i thought that was a pretty good deal and wanted to see how it staked up.