I got a new toy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Itsgottobegreen, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well I got a new toy today for my kubota tractor. Its a 6' wide sweepster 3pt mounted sweeper. About $2700 new.

Take a guess what I paid for it? Answer: $50 I am not kidding.

Now I just have to wait until Tuesday for a friend of mine to go and pick it up for me. He has a trailer big enough to get it and a tractor to pick it up with. My trailer is to small for the tractor and sweeper.

The cool part is they guy put a new broom on it about 5 years ago and never used it since (sold business, new owner didn't want sweeper, but took everything else) Only problem is one support arm bracket had a weld break(reason for sitting on some wood.) I can't wait to get it. My driveway is covered in mud and my lawn needs to be dethatched.

sweepster1.jpg

2. Prot1

Prot1 LawnSite Member

Wow...sounds like you got quite the deal on that sweeper =) Its always nice to get a steal like that...grats man.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I love gettin' a steal myself, man, right on!

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

itsgreen, I have 3 of those except front mounted. I also buy them used, it's cheaper than buying a new brush. Evertime I buy a new mower I just remount it to the new one. After a day of runnng it on the back you will be keen to mount it on the front. We use ours mainly for removing gravel and stones from lawns after winter plows it there and a few lawn sweeping jobs. We do a couple of pavement jobs but iot's hard on the brushes. You might want to mount a set of gauge wheels on it to make the brushes last longer.

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Good going Green, can I borrow it from time to time? Sonds like you found a deal

6. Itsgottobegreen

I have a 3pt snowblower. I know how much your neck hurts after a few hours.

I plan to build a set of gauge wheels for it. My 18" wide parker power dethatcher takes to long on 3 acre jobs. I figured this would work a lot faster. Now I just have to build or find a larger trac vac to suck up the thatch.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Well it only took two months but I finally got my sweepster home. Well it was in a little worse shape than I thought. But so far I have invested $2.50 in two grease fittings and some grease. The drive shaft was shot, it was rusted to a point beyond repair. But lucky me the drive shaft from my 3pt snow blower fit right on it. So that saved me $200. So this new money making toy costed me $52.50 and 2 hours of time cleaning it up. It works great. Now I got to get around to mounting those gauge wheels.

Here is a pic.

sweepster1.jpg