i got a quote to insert flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grass disaster, Feb 7, 2006.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i got a quote back today.

it was for an insert in the local paper.

i supply the insert

there are 2900 inserts needed

the quote was $190 dollars is this a good deal.

how much would it cost me for a 8.5X11 sheet of paper with black ink to get printed
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

B&w Copies cost nex to nother so your biggest cost will be the $190

B&w's are under .5 cents.
  3. Agriscape2006

Agriscape2006 LawnSite Member

Doesn't sound to bad 190.00 + another 125.00 for b/w copies 215.00 and thats reaching 2900 houses with out you having to waste and of your time. And at the very minimum you'll most likely get 1% feedback and say out of that 1% you can close 50% thats still 14 or 15 clients and hopefully you will be able to beat that 215.00 with one
  4. cookcd

cookcd LawnSite Member

Is this a good method of advertisement? I believe my paper would demand several more copies, and I am not sure what it would cost. I have been doing yards on the side for 3 years now, and I am looking to go fulltime at it. Any advise and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Right now my equipment list is:
    2002 Chevy Z71
    Grasshopper 227 52"
    Stihl FS80 Straight shaft trimmer
    6X10 single axle trailer
    BG55 Stihl blower got ripped off at the end of last season
    Other miscellaneous equipment
  5. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

is 200 bucks worth you not having to go door to door? How many people will throw that insert away with the other ads in the paper? What day will you have the insert put in? I'd have them put it in on a tues. or wed. when there are no other ads in the paper that way you know that yours is going to be seen and not tossed with the other ads!
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

but instead of b.w copies, have them copy them onto florecent green paper with the plack ink.... paper is a bit more but it really stands out....

i pay 75 per thousand for inserts into the local paper, bundled into packs of 100.... i can pick and choose which districts the flyers go in and which ones they dont....it is fast ,effective, and beets going door to door, or paying a kid to help who is probably throwing half of them away....:)
  7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

With 2900 fliers as an insert I don't think you will get 1% response.I never did and I put out 10000 b/w fliers one year as an insert with little response.Last year I think I put out 9000 full color as an insert and still didn't get much of a response.Find out where they are going.If you pick a zip code and they all go to that zip code are there any Apartments there?
    Good luck with it I hope it works out for you.
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Wow $75 per 1000 over here we are only $34 per 1000 with a minimum of 3000.How is your luck with this Dave.
  9. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

Doesn't $190 + $125 = $315?:confused:
  10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

well see again in april.... i only target my little town, got 14 from the flyers and 13 referals from them...... this year im advertising in three little towns instead of one.... hope to at least double the accounts