I got bored again.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Aug 4, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Really bored, since Sunday morning I have been thinking about how I would best fit the skid steer and mini excavator on my trailer.
    This was the trial test fit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next test will have the Cat with it's ass end up against the neck, and the blade of the excavator inside the bucket with the boom on the end of the trailer, then I don't need to jockey the end machine around to get the ramps to flip up and I can get more weight to the end of the trailer.
    The truck suspension only went down an inch and the trailer suspension was only damn near bottomed out, Cat weighs 7600 lbs (full cab and bucket) and mini weighs 7200 (full cab and buckets) for a combined weight of 14,800 lbs.

I'm going to have to increase my insured GVW another 2000 kgs.

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Ron, what are you allowed to haul on that bad boy? I think that would be pushing the limit down here without a CDL. I can't remember if you said you had a CDL or not.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

the things tht happen when yur bored!!

4. superdigger

superdigger LawnSite Member

Looks good ron, nothing beats going down the road with two machine trailing behind you. I always load my trailer with my s185 and 331 mini-excavator, you can see people pass you and turn their heads... thats right keep lookin!

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I'm Class 1 with full air and multi-trailer combo's, I passed my Road test in October of last year.
    My truck and trailer Licensed CGVW is 11,500 KGS, so I'll get it up to 13,500 to be safe.

6. superdigger

[​IMG]
    doubt this will work......

7. superdigger

[​IMG][/IMG]

Maybe this will work

8. superdigger

sorry, i was trying to post a picture of my truck with the machines loaded on on the trailer.

9. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Ron, who manufactures your gooseneck trailer?

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

you could put a platform up on the neck and set the bucket of the cat up there and then put the mini on the back of the trailer to save some space