1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I got bored today so now my lawn looks like a baseball field

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eho, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Today I was bored so I decided to have some fun with striping my lawn and trying to have it look like a baseball field. Striping is very uncommon in these areas( never seen it except on sports fields) so I thought I d make my lawn stand out. Anyways, I only have a 21 inch mower so I made my own striping kit. I ended using my old Toro mower( homeowners model now i have a toro commercial) The self propel is broken which sucks but I ended up putting a bagger on and letting it fill up all the way, then I put a 20 pound bag of dirt on the bagger making it drag the ground. This was very heavy to push around my whole lawn and pretty weird set up but it actually worked. My neighbor thought I was nuts for wanting to do this in my free time, but now my lawn actually looks like a baseball field. Just thought I would share the amount of work I m willing to go through to have the nicest lawn in the neighborhood.
  2. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO thats sweet. Im glad i am not the only one who is crazy! Can you get us some pics
  3. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

If you build it he will come.
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We need pics. :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: